Join the Employee Wellness Program for a Better U!
October 15, 2012
Want to have more energy?
Want to become more physically healthy?
Want to learn about all aspects of wellness?
Want to role model healthy living to your family?
Want to get healthy with work buddies?
If you answered yes to any of the above, Better U. is for you!
Recreational Sports and Wellness offers "Better U." for Southeastern employees wanting to improve overall health via services and programs offered through the department. Attend the Better U. presentation at the Human Resources Benefits Fair on Wednesday, 10/17 at 1:15pm in the University Center for more information. Signing up is easy!
Here's what you'll need to do:
1) Sign up at the Pennington Student Activity Center. Packets are available at the Membership Desk. Once you complete the packet, return it to the Membership Desk.
2) You will be given a Better U. booklet to review. Review the activities and presentations you in which you are interested. You'll receive credits for exercising, attending programs, activities, intramural events and screenings.
3) You will be contacted by Megan Mast, the Assistant Director of Health and Fitness at Rec Sports and Wellness. She will complete your packet and authorize you to start Better U.
4) Attend a brief orientation. Fifteen minute orientations will be held on the 1st Wednesday at 12:00 in Pennington Center Room 108 in conjunction with a cooking demonstration or presentation.
5) Once you have filled a passport with credit signatures, detach your passport at the end of your booklet and turn it in to the Membership Desk to be entered into a monthly drawing.
If you are not currently a member of the Pennington Student Activity Center, you may sign up for a one-month trial membership after you have enrolled in Better U. If you are already a member, keep active through the Fitness Room, Group X classes, Cardio Theater and more!
The Better U. Employee Wellness Program is brought to you by the Employee Wellness Committee.