Computer Science and Industrial Technology
SPECIAL NOTICE -- The Department of Computer Science and Industrial Technology is currently in a process of splitting into two departments. The department that will house Computer Science and Information Technology is called Department of Computer Science. The name of the department that will house Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology, and Occupational Safety, Health, and Environment is Department of Industrial & Engineering Technology. Separate websites for the two departments are currently under construction and will become available as soon as the split is complete.
With an overarching goal of educating students to be ready for the workforce immediately upon graduating with a four-year degree, we provide real-world opportunities and hands-on coursework to complement the formal, theoretical foundations of our curricula.
We offer challenging undergraduate degrees in Computer Science (CS), Engineering Technology
(ET), Industrial Technology (IT), Information Technology (INFO TECH), and Occupational
Safety, Health, and Environment (OSH&E), as well as an Accelerated Computing Engagement
(ACE) program for high-achieving students who can complete the INFO TECH degree in
- Check out CSIT Profile
- Visit our Youtube Channel
- Geocent sponsors the Computer Science Programming Team annually, which took first place in
the 2014 Deloitte Programming Competition in Mississippi.
- Laitram sponsors the Engineering Technology Senior Design program annually as part of a formal
- Performance Contractors sponsors the metallurgy of welding coursework in the Industrial Technology program
- CS, ET, INFO TECH, and OSHE are accredited by ABET, http://www.abet.org. IT is accredited by ATMAE, http://www.atmae.org.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Read alumni testimonials about how our degree programs prepared them for success.
Find out what regional employers have to say about hiring Southeastern graduates.
Read the latest department news or plan to attend an upcoming event.